Given the obvious circumstances and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 we are doing our best to continue to put pies and pints in the hands of you, our loyal customers.
Earlier this week the Government decided to advise people to avoid pubs, restaurants & bars. But, by not forcing us to close, we are unable to lean on any kind of insurance or help. We have chosen to remain open as the Village pub and support you as a place to have social wellbeing. Your support is also most welcome for us too!
To re-assure you all we are taking small but necessary steps to consciously minimise any risk of contamination, we are doing the following:
• Menu folders are removed from service and menus are being regularly re-printed
• Salt & pepper and other table condiments will be available on request and cleaned thoroughly between uses
• Our team will handle food using gloves and only when necessary
• Our kitchen team are maintaining our 5* hygiene rating and are going far beyond the normal expectations
• Our restaurant is only being used at the weekend and the bar will be open as usual until we are told otherwise by the government
• We are delivering a takeaway service for those who are looking for a reassuring comfort meal at these times of difficulty. Please order with us, pop in pay at the bar or over the phone (have a beer while you wait!) and we will prepare your meal to our usual standards for you to have in the comfort of your home. We will be serving bottled beers and wines for you to take away also
• Whilst we are able to stay open, anyone that is unable to honour a booking to please let us know. We absolutely understand and it will give us an opportunity to manage our staffing, and products accordingly
We understand that not everyone is in a position to venture out so please consider buying a voucher to be used in happier times, available in house or we can post them to the recipient. With your help and support we hope to remain in business and continue to provide a service and a future for your local village pub. For as long as we are allowed our doors will remain open to you, our loyal guests.
Stay safe, look after yourselves and look after each other.
From all of us at House of Darwin